No. 14/13 Notre Dame heads to Columbus to take on No. 18/19 Ohio State at 5 p.m. ET on Tuesday, March 10 at Ohio Stadium. The game will be broadcast live on BTN.
Location: Columbus, Ohio | Ohio Stadium
Schedule: March 10 — 5 p.m. ET
Live Stats: UND.com
Twitter Updates: @NDlacrosse
For a more in-depth look at the matchup – Game Notes: Notre Dame
THE OHIO STATE SERIES
• Saturday will be the 45th meeting all time between Notre Dame and Ohio State. The Irish lead the all-time series with the Buckeyes, holding a 34-10 advantage in the matchup.
• The most recent installment between the two sides came last season at Arlotta Stadium. The Buckeyes pulled out an OT win by a final score of 11-10.
• The Irish have won 16 of the last 17 matchups with Ohio State, including the 9-0 shutout at Arlotta Stadium on March 21, 2015, which is the last time the Irish held an opponent scoreless in a game.
• Notre Dame holds a 14-6 edge over the Buckeyes in the series when playing at Ohio State.
CORRIGAN REACHES HISTORIC MILESTONE
• Baumer Family Head Men’s Lacrosse Coach Kevin Corrigan became just the third coach in NCAA Division I men’s lacrosse history to reach the 300-win mark at a single school with the win over Marquette on April 10, 2019.
• Corrigan is one of just four active Division I coaches to reach the 300-win mark in his career.
• Corrigan has an overall record of 315-163 in his 34 seasons of coaching.
• The head coach is 305-148 in his 32 seasons at Notre Dame.
• Corrigan is the longest tenured men’s lacrosse coach at the DI level.
COSTABILE CLOSING IN ON HISTORY
• Senior Bryan Costabile is coming off the most prolific goal-scoring season by an Irish midfielder in program history, setting a record with 42 goals.
• Costabile was named the 2019 ACC Offensive Player of the Year and was a unanimous first team All-America selection.
• The midfielder has 97 career goals, ranking tied for 10th in program history.
• Costabile is set to become just the ninth Notre Dame player to reach the 100-career goal mark and is 14 goals shy of becoming the program record-holder for career goals by a midfielder. The mark is currently held by Irish great Sergio Perkovic (110 goals).
• The senior currently has 115 career points, cracking the top 20 of Notre Dame’s career points list (No. 20).
• Costabile has been selected as a unanimous preseason first team All-American heading into the 2020 campaign and is on the Tewaaraton Watch List.
TOUGHEST SCHEDULE IN THE COUNTRY???
• Notre Dame has never shied away from putting together a challenging schedule and the 2020 slate is no different.
• Of Notre Dame’s 12 regular-season opponents, nine are currently ranked in either the USILA or Inside Lacrosse Top 20 Polls.
• The Irish either have played or will play six opponents currently ranked in the top 11.
• The Irish have started two freshmen through three games of the 2020 season, as Pat Kavanagh has been a mainstay in attack and Liam Entenmann has been steady between the pipes.
• Kavanagh leads the Irish in points (15), goals (9) and second in assists (6) through four games.
• Entenmann has been equally impressive, recording 39 saves through three games, while allowing 33 goals.
• Entenmann has saved 54.2 percent of shots, ranking first in the ACC and seventh in the nation.
• Despite Costabile drawing most of the attention from a national perspective, the Irish have goal scorers all over the field.
• At least seven players have scored in three of Notre Dame’s four games in 2020.
• All six of Notre Dame’s starters in the attack and midfield scored goals in the first half in the season-opening win over Cleveland State.
• The Irish had 10 players combine to score 17 goals in the win over Cleveland State.
• Seven different players found the back of the net in the win over #18/17 Richmond.
• Eight players combined to score nine goals against No. 7/7 Maryland.