No. 10 Notre Dame renews its rivalry with No. 4 Indiana on Tuesday evening, as the Irish face the Hoosiers in Bloomington at 7 p.m. ET. The match will be broadcast on BTN and also available to stream live on BTN+ (subscription required).
THE INDIANA SERIES
• Notre Dame and Indiana will face each other on Tuesday evening for the 42nd time in series history. The Irish are 10-29-2 against the Hoosiers in the all-time series.
• Despite trailing in the series, the Irish have found recent success against the Hoosiers, recording a mark of 5-5-1 in the last 11 meetings dating back to the 2010 season.
• The Irish suffered two defeats at the hands of Indiana last season, both by one goal. Notre Dame lost in OT in the regular season by a score of 2-1 and then fell to the Hoosiers in Bloomington in the NCAA quarterfinals by a final of 1-0.
LYNN IN TOP FORM
• Sophomore striker Jack Lynn has started the 2019 season on fire, scoring a goal in each of his first four matches.
• Lynn’s four goals are the most by any player on the team and rank ninth in the country in goals per game.
• After scoring goals in wins over Seattle and Denver the sophomore was named the Mike Berticelli Memorial Tournament MVP.
• Lynn has already surpassed his goal tally from last season (three goals).
• Felicien Dumas has already scored two goals this season off set pieces.
• The graduate student has free kick goals against Seattle and Clemson and has added two assists.
• Dumas scored the goal of the season for the Irish in 2018, curling an effort into the top right corner in a 3-2 win over Syracuse.
• Dumas is the active leader for career assists with 16.
• The Irish have scored two goals in the first 10 minutes of matches this season.
• In the season opener Notre Dame scored a goal in the second minute (1:12) of play, marking the quickest goal to start a season in program history.
• Freshman Mohammad Abualnadi scored the first goal off a rebound from a Felicien Dumas free kick.
• The goal scored at 1:12 is tied for the second fastest goal scored to open a match since 1995.
• Jack Lynn scored in the seventh minute in the win over Seattle.
ASCHIERIS, CASEY & DUMAS NAMED TEAM CAPTAINS
• Graduate students Ian Aschieris and Felicien Dumas along with senior Jack Casey will wear the captains armbands for the Irish in 2019.
• The trio of captains played a large role in Notre Dame’s success last season. The three players combined to play in 61 matches during the 2018 campaign, earning 54 starts.
TOUGHEST SCHEDULE IN THE COUNTRY
• The Irish have never shied away from playing a challenging slate of opponents and the 2019 schedule looks to be no different.
• Notre Dame is set to face five of the top 10 ranked teams in the latest United Soccer Coaches poll in No. 1 Wake Forest, No. 2 Duke, No. 4 Indiana, No. 6 Virginia, and No. 9 Virginia Tech.
• Seven of the 16 teams on Notre Dame’s regular-season schedule are currently ranked.
• Ten of the sides the Irish are scheduled to face qualified for the 2018 NCAA tourney.
BERTICELLI MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT CHAMPIONS
• The Irish won the Berticelli Memorial Tournament last weekend after defeating Seattle (4-2) and Denver (1-0).
• The Irish have claimed the tournament championship nine times: 2003, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2019.
• Notre Dame improved to 24-3-5 (.828) all-time in the Mike Berticelli Memorial Tournament.